Thursday, November 19, 2015

Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe

Nathan LOVES pumpkin pie. I love ALL pies (If you're in doubt, check this out). Anyway, so I don't think I'm terrible in the kitchen, but I'm definitely better at "cooking" than I am "baking." So trust me when I say that this Pumpkin Pie recipe is super easy...


Ingredients:

3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/4 c evaporated milk or half and half
2 eggs, beaten
-pie crust
-whip topping

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Mix all ingredients and pour into the pie crust.
3. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
4. Reduce oven heat to 350. Bak an additional 40-50 minutes. Make sure that a toothpick or fork comes clean when you stick it in the middle.
5. Cool for 2 hours.
6. Serve with whip topping, or refrigerate.



Review:
We knew we were going to make a pumpkin pie this fall because it was on our Fall Bucket List, however, we are both sort of on diets, so we needed a good reason to make one in a situation where we could share. The opportunity arose when we had dinner with my parents and grandparents the other night.

Everyone commented on how great the pie was, even though Nathan is the only superfan of pumpkin pie! The thing I think makes it so delicious is the pumpkin spice; honestly, I'm not really sure. Additionally, I bought a graham cracker crust, which is not the typical type of crust used for pumpkin pie. The pie mixture soaked into the crust and ended up making the pie crust extra sweet!

If you are searching for an easy yet delicious dessert for a thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, this would be an excellent selection! I would recommend anyone to try this recipe, including beginner bakers or children. Also, I would recommend anyone trying this pie, even if you typically don't like pumpkin pie.

I rated this recipe a 5/5.
Nathan rated this recipe a 5/5.


Original recipe from pillsbury.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment