Thursday, July 9, 2015

Double Dose Date Night

While I was searching for fun things to do on 4th of July weekend, I stumbled upon the USA v. Guatemala Men's Soccer Game. Now, I don't claim to be a soccer guru or fanatic, but hey if our Nation's soccer team is playing in Nashville the day before Independence Day, then you-bet-ya I want to go!

And so we went! It was really exciting to go to our first soccer game, and also to witness so many people's passion for soccer and team USA. Although I was a bit nervous about the predicted weather forecast, the clouds held the rain until after the game. USA won the game 4-0! As an added bonus, I could actually follow the ball (which is more than I can say for hockey) and I actually saw a goal without watching the replay!







Weird Al has been providing fun songs for me to listen to for longer than I've been alive, so getting to go see him live seemed like fun! Al put on a very good show, and I have to say that I'm impressed with his musicianship, as well as his band's. He played a hodgepodge of his greatest hits, including one of my favorites, White and Nerdy, and even rode out on a Segway which is mentioned in his lyrics. 




From Left to Right, Top to Bottom: "Lame Claim to Fame," "The Saga Begins," "Eat It," "Amish Paradise," & "Now That's What I Call Polka!"



No comments:

Post a Comment