Thursday, September 10, 2015

Fantasy Football Predictions

For the last eight years or so, I have been playing fantasy football. While our league and a few managers (the other guys I play with are referred to as owners or managers or whatever, depending on how I'm feeling) have primarily stayed the same, there are two things that remain consistent...I have never won any fantasy football league, and my dad has never won a playoff game. Could this be the year that I win and Dad makes it to the semi finals...?! Maybe. Read on to see my hilarious predictions! (Note here: these predictions and the commentary is based on what each team currently has. This will change as players are injured, trades are made and players are taken off of the free agency. Also, I'm not going to comment on every team...I will pick my top three, a wild card and a prediction for missing the playoffs. And yes, the league is Lord of the Rings Themed.)




TOP THREE in no particular order.

The Rubber Ducky Rohirrim! (Kevin Koehler)
That's right! I'm picking my dad to exorcise his playoff demons and make a deep run into the playoffs! This may seem like a bit of a biased pick, which is fine, because it is. I'd be just as happy if Dad won the championship as I would be if I won. His WRs are strong, and he has THE Quarterback, Tom Brady, at the helm once again. I think that Brady will probably come out furiously after the Deflategate scandal, and will lead Dad to his first playoff victory...and perhaps more! Know what else he has? Smarts! Dad's only enemy is that he can overthink his team, but if he makes the right moves during the season, watch out! 

Riders of Romohan! (Colin Capps)
I'm not sure that any team can beat Colin, really. Injuries devastated the Riders last season, but did that even hinder him? It doesn't seem like it! He still managed to win his second championship in Middle Earth, becoming the only manager to ever win twice. While I will admit that I'm still a little sore over losing to him in the playoffs last year, Colin has my vote to be the first to win three Championships over the next few seasons. He plays the waiver wire well, and even if injuries come his way, he can rebuild his team and make another run as defending Champ.

Russeldell Elves (Jonathan Barrett)
Colin's massacre of my team in the playoffs is a bit closer to my mind since it happened recently but I haven't forgotten my only trip to the Championship! Jonathan's team made a furious comeback those many moons ago with only three or four players left to stomp me into the dirt for his first championship....jerk. But, I give credit where credit is due (and not just because he's my brother from another mother), so here is to you, O Mighty One! Jonathan has what Colin and my dad have...the brains to build a team to win. Jonathan trades right, and picks up the right people off of the waiver wire, and that makes him dangerous. He was left with a crappy team to pick keepers from, and bear-ly (hahahaha...bears) missed the playoffs last season. This season, it would genuinely surprise me not to see Jonathan make a championship run.


WILD CARD

Prancing Ponies! (Seth Svebakken)
Seth has been in last place the last two seasons, but no more! I sent him the top WR in a trade during the offseason, and Seth has drafted well. Barring any injuries, I think that Seth will make the playoffs this year. Romo gets a ton of points, and Julio Jones will be a PPR monster. The only question marks I have for him is will his running backs show up, and will he be able to avoid the injury bug? 


NO PLAYOFFS

Andwise Puddifoot! (Jake Thompson)
It's hard not to be intimidated by a team that's named the Puddifoots. It is so intimidating, in fact, that Jake himself was scared, and boy, did it affect his drafting! Not sure why Jake drafted 4 running backs and only one wide receiver in the first five rounds, but he did. He does have great RBs, however, in our new PPR format, I think he will struggle. However, Jake is one of the greatest fantasy football managers I know. He has years of experience in PPR formats, and has won fame, glory and a lot of money from playing in other leagues. If he does miss the playoffs this year, I believe that he will make a roaring comeback to compete next season (since we are semi-keeper). As an added bonus to this, now that I've commented on Jake's team, I predict that when he and I play, he will punish me by a league-record 353 points! 


ALTERNATE NO PLAYOFFS

Minas Morgul Scream! (Nathan Koehler)
I don't have a lot of faith in my own team. I do have the best quarterback in Andrew Luck, and I feel that I am solid at both receiver and running back, but that may not cut it. I haven't seen the second round of the playoffs in years, and I tend to trade my team right out of contention. I will probably have to rename my team to the Wilhelm Scream, and when I scream while I look at my scores this season, you now know why. The Koehler Curse will continue, and I will have to rebuild for next season already. There's always next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment