Thursday, April 9, 2015

National Sibling Day

Tomorrow is National Sibling Day, so, I thought I would take a moment to stroll down memory lane. Enjoy!

1990
Ashley: almost 3
Lauren: newborn


Who doesn't love cuddling with a newborn baby? Also, this was probably staged because who would let their 3 year old hold their infant for more than 2.5 seconds? I have no memory of this picture.


December 1992
Ashley: 5
Lauren: 2 1/2


1. This is probably the only time in history that I wore a bow....

2. I'm not sure if this was the occasion, but once, when we were getting professional pictures made, Lauren would NOT STOP CRYING. The photographer had to go out of the room, and my dad had to actually snap the photo instead. 







1995
Ashley: 8
Lauren: 6

I don't really have anything to say about this one, other than, aren't we just so cute?...









Summer 1998
Ashley: 10
Lauren: 7


This is one of the many jewels from our family trip to Orlando. We went to Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World. We rode all of the rides were were tall enough for!






October 2000
Ashley: 12
Lauren: 10


My mom had a set of pictures made during fall break one year. Considering we were both really awkward at this time of life, we got a lot of great photos. We never held hands in real life, but this sure is a cute shot, huh?




Summer 2002
Ashley: 14
Lauren: 11


I have no idea where this picture was taken, other than we were in a tow away zone.





October 2004
Ashley: 16
Lauren: 14


This picture is from our trip to Cancun! We had a blast on this trip! Also, look, I'm wearing the exact same outfit from 2 years ago...

"First time in Cancun?"
-every native we spoke to during the week





Summer 2006
Ashley: 18
Lauren: 16


Originally, I thought this picture was from one of our many family vacations to the beach, but after closer analysis, I see that the ground is grass and not sand. Whether it was getting in trouble for going to the workout room (because we didn't tell our parents) or going down to the beach to "flirt" with some random boys (ew) or take tons of selfies before selfies were a thing, we usually managed to find some interesting things to do.



September 2008
Ashley: 20
Lauren: 18


Lauren and I were both in band. I know I have a lot of memories that include band functions, and in many of them, Lauren was there also. This is from the last year that we did marching band together.






March 2010

Ashley: 22
Lauren: 19


This is from the one of the best weeks of my life. The Murray State men's basketball team made it to the NCAA tournament and 30 racer pep band members got to go and play on TV. After we beat Vandy, we got to stay in California for several more days. This picture was taken at the end of a long, long day of 8 college kids taking a train to San Fransisco and then to Santa Cruz. It was a great day and an overall awesome trip!



Summer 2012
Ashley: 24
Lauren: 21


We bought these dresses together after seeing our cousin, Kaitlynn sport it at church one day. Yes, we all have the same dress, and yes it looks completely different on all 3 of us.



June 2014

Ashley: 26
Lauren: 23


On my wedding day. Lauren was the Maid of Honor! So beautiful.

I'm so looking forward to Lauren's wedding day when I get to be her Matron of Honor!

#LamFam15







April 2015
Ashley: 27
Lauren: 24


This was from Resurrection Sunday, the other day. She was not feeling well, but she still looks great! Shoutout to the dress we bought in 2012!

I'm excited to continue to make memories as our lives move forward. It will be fun to include Nathan and Blake in our memories together, also!



Everyone, take some time to think about some good memories you had with your sibling(s). If you want to share, feel free to leave a comment below. But at the very least, call them up and tell them how much you love them!

I love you, Lauren! I'm so glad God blessed me with a sister, back when I was almost 3!






And lets not forget this gem. To be clear, I was sick...

Thanks Grandmama, Mom, and Facebook for helping me gather all of these beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment