Thursday, April 30, 2015

NHL Playoffs, Round two!

Well, round one is over! I may have missed the total amount of games it would take in some series, but I still got all of the teams that would advance correct. So, round one is in the books; lets go to ROUND TWO MY GOODNESS!!!


Minnesota Wild vs. Chicago Blackhawks: This series is going to be tough. The Wild took the St. Louis Blues down without a lot of struggle, as Dev Dubnyk is still on fire. This series won't be easy for the Wild, though. Chicago is battle hardened, and I think this series will be extremely physical and high scoring. Wild in 7(?)

Anaheim Ducks vs. Calgary Flames: I wish this series were the only one in the West, because I like both of these teams a lot more than I like Chicago/MinnesotaI'm going with the Ducks. Seems like the only thing that will hinder the Ducks is their goaltending. But, if Calgary wins, I won't be upset! Ducks in 6.

Montreal Canadians vs. Tampa Bay Lightning: The Lightning really made me wonder during their series against Detroit...Detroit should have wrapped that series up after game 5. Oh well. The Habs are a force to be reckoned with, and with Price still playing lights-out in goal, their defense and offense will reign supreme over the Bolts. The Bolts still have their suspect goaltending, and I think this series will be short and sweet. Habs in 5.

New York Rangers vs. Washington Capitals: Coach Trotz has seen the second round three times now, but alas, he will continue to only dream about the third. Washington struggled with the Islanders when they shouldn't have, and they don't have as much firepower as they have had in previous years. Even if they did, they have a terrible matchup against the Rangers. The Rangers are still hungry for the Cup, and I think King Henrik shall rule this series with an iron fist! Rangers in 6.

My Updated Bracket


Ashley's Updated Bracket


Click on these links to see my analyses and predictions from other rounds:
Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | An Ode to the Champions

No comments:

Post a Comment