Friday, May 8, 2015

Brown Paper Packages #9


"I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad..." Ok, I don't feel bad, but its still fun to remember my favorite things.

Two weeks ago, one my friends, Melissa, was in a play at Playhouse In the Park in Murray Kentucky. Additionally, the play was one of my all-time favorite musical soundtracks and movie, Rent. Obviously, this combination required me to attend!!! I was a little skeptical because of my love and knowledge of the show and I tried to prepare myself by lowering my expectations. After all, its just community theatre. 

After the first number, titled "Rent," I knew that this show was going to rise high above my expectations! It was phenomenal!! Every single one of the main characters was perfectly cast. The acting was great, and the singing was ON POINT! Top it off with messages of love and friendship, and you've got yourself a perfect recipe to make you cry...

Anyway, I'm so glad I made the trek to Murray to see my friend play Mimi. She was SO great and it was fun to watch her! Great job Melissa and the rest of the cast and crew!




The weekend following the Rent performance contained other Brown Paper Package moments. I am going to be a bridesmaid for my friend Kaitlin. All of her Bridesmaids are scattered across eastern USA. 1 in Murray, KY; 1 in Paducah, KY, 1 in Southern Illinois, 1 in South Central Kentucky, 1 in Memphis, 1 in Georgia, and 1 in Northern Illinois. Anyway, you get the point....some are pretty far away! 

SO....it was decided that we should try and pack all of Kaitlin's pre-wedding festivities into one weekend so that everyone could come, and so that the BMs wouldn't have to make numerous trips for various parties and showers (click here to read all about Kaitlin's Survivor themed Lingerie Shower). It was so fun reconnecting with friends and meeting and making new ones as well. Additionally, we got to celebrate Kaitlin and Dustin's upcoming marriage in a fun and unique way.




And then there's this....



No comments:

Post a Comment