Friday, March 27, 2015

Brown Paper Packages #6

I skipped posting a BPP post last week due to the fact that I was out of town for a work conference. So, lucky for all of you faithful readers out there, you get a double dose of our favorite things!

Pi Day Celebration - 2 Saturdays ago was Pi Day. Not just any Pi Day, but the ultimate Pi Day. Click here to read my thoughts about this. To celebrate, we invited my parents over to enjoy what? You guessed it. Pie. We ate chicken pot pie and my Mom's pecan pie, and we played Trivial Pursuit (because, ya know, the pie pieces). It was a great day!



Free Cone at Dairy Queen - Dairy Queen gave away free cones one day for their 75th birthday. DQ has a special place in my heart, since I used to work there. But, lets be honest, we didn't go to support Dairy Queen, or celebrate their birthday. We went for the free food. 



And then this happened, when we realized the smiley poop emoji on my shirt looked like a chocolate cone....


Catching up with Friends - As I mentioned, I was out of town for a work conference last week. The conference was great, but definitely one of the highlights was getting to see my good friend, Maegan. It was really nice to get to have dinner with her and just talk about our lives! This past Monday, Nathan got to do the same thing with one of his good friends, Cody. Its not often that we get to see our old friends, but when it does happen, we are so grateful. We're both so blessed to have good friends to enjoy and trust! (no pictures available)


A New Craft - Whenever I was wedding planning, I decided that I wanted to incorporate things into our wedding that could be useful after the wedding day. Our guest book was a Bible, which is more special to us than a simple book with names written in it. Our unity ceremony used a canvas, which is hanging in our house as a constant reminder of the day two became one. We both bought practical shoes for our wedding day so that we could wear them from day to day. Which leads me to the new craft. I decided to turn my wedding bouquet into a wreath. I figured, why let something so beautiful collect dust in a closet when I could manipulate it into something equally as beautiful as well as serve as a reminder of our special day. Anyway, here is the result:



I bought a simple stick wreath and several sprigs of greenery. I used all of the flowers from my bouquet. The 3 larger white flowers were also from our wedding, but not from my bouquet. What do you think? Do you think I should have keep my bouquet the way it was? Leave a comment below (on the blog OR on facebook, whichever you prefer). 


March Madness - I'm not into sports. Simple as that. I'm not even that competitive, other than when it comes to being right about something. But I have really gotten into March Madness this year. For the first time in my life, I CHOSE to watch Selection Sunday. Although, I was very doubtful, I wanted to see if Murray State would make it into the tournament (they didn't...). Anyway, this spurred a series of events which led to Nathan inviting a bunch of people into a bracket pool using CBS Sports. Since then, it has been almost 2 weeks, and I have to admit, I'm kind of REALLY enjoying March Madness. You know what they say.... "Dems Deberry"




One bad thing happened since the last BPP. Its very trivial, but I'm still mourning the loss of my old phone number. As many of you may have noticed (via the mass text I was forced to send), I got a new phone and with that a new phone number. AT&T forced me to do this, since I was coming from a different phone provider. I don't want to get into all of the gorey details, but I'm really sad to be swittching numbers.... RIP old phone number. Needless to say, we are not very happy with AT&T. Click here to read important info about AT&T and scams they try to pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment